Tuesday, June 02, 2020

Tuesday Freewrite

I have the privilege of praying for this half-hour for the "welfare of my city of Corvallis. 

I am happy that our city had a peaceful protest. No violence. Just people talking. That is very good. I continue to want to pray for the "welfare of the city of Corvallis." 

I continue to see Oaks of Righteousness growing up. While on a Zoom prayer time for SEA, one of the workers said there was no unity in the body in her province, and the main thing is they have never been discipled. When they offer themselves to show them deeper time in the word, they are not interested. It is a very shallow faith. 

They are like those spring flowers. 

We want Oaks here, Lord. Grow Oaks of Righteousness here. Grow groves of Oaks of Righteousness. 

Crazy. I feel led to go on an "Oaks of Righteousness" tour of Corvallis. I know there are historic oaks all over this city and some arboretums. So, I am going to do that. 

Sort of like the prayer busing I did two or three years ago. (I am sure that those bus drivers thought I was crazy, but I was able to see Corvallis from that perspective, and it was so good.)

I am going to post pictures here. Maybe I will also do some prayer busing. 

I wish I didn't have to teach Pilates today so that I could start doing it today, but I do have some things I need to get done. 

I want to see Corvallis from your perspective, Lord. 

Oh, I want to go to Chip Ross, Bald Hill, Dimple Hill, East Saddle. All those wonderful perspectives from high above. They are always helpful to me. 

Maybe do some walking around churches too. Oh, this is going to be a fun summer of prayer walking/busing! 

Spring Flowers to Oaks of Righteousness. 


God, you exchange 
beauty for ashes
the oil of joy for mourning
a garment of praise instead of a spirit of heaviness
So that we might be 
Oaks a righteousness
The planting of the Lord
That He might be glorified. (Isaiah 61:3)


The Message
To give them 
bouquets of roses instead of ashes
Messages of joy instead of news of doom,
a praising heart instead of a languid spirit.
Rename them "Oaks of Righteousness"
planting by God to display his glory. 



No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...