Friday, June 05, 2020

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I love the alliteration of Friday Freewrite Fifteen. :) 

I woke up at about 4:50 am and made some Chai tea. I usually don't freewrite until after my time with God, but I thought I would reflect today. 

I made a time zone mistake and did not make it to the ESDA Webinar until it was almost 50 minutes underway. By then, someone was talking from a PowerPoint, and it was mostly things I was not really interested in. So, George had wanted to take me out for dinner. I was supposed to be in this seminar during dinner, but it was now an hour earlier than I had thought. (I even had it in my calendar at 4 pm, but for some reason, I got up yesterday morning thinking it was 5 pm. UGH! I should have looked at my calendar again.). So, George took me out for a Celebration of the End of the School Year! We went to the Spaghetti Factory, and I really liked what I got. We don't usually go there for Italian food, but it was so nice to sit at the window along the river. Afterward, we walked a mile along the Willamette River through Riverfront Park and to the Mary's River confluence. The weather was perfect. Downtown was nearly deserted. Even though people can go into businesses, I think they are still quite hesitant. I don't blame most people because we have quite a few people in the over 65 demographic. 

It is nice to be done with Pilates for the year. I got a lot of good feedback from my students at the end. That was nice. It was a challenge to teach to a screen. Most of why I love teaching is the interaction with the students. It is so fun. 

So other than submitting grades (which has not opened up yet which is very late), I am done for the year. I am not going to set up my new Canvas pages for next year because I did that last summer, and it was a waste of time because I broke my leg and ended up not teaching. Since things with COVID-19 are still so fluid, I would rather wait and see. I do not want to teach remotely again. I will just work out on my own and wait until the university opens up. At this point, it will open up for me because my classroom is huge, and I don't even need to limit the size. I can easily fit 30 at 6 feet apart. I might need to use a microphone though. 

Today, I finish up my Enneagram Portland Certification. It has been a good 9 months, and I learned quite a bit. I feel like it is much more extensive than going to a seminar for four days and not doing anything beyond that. It is silly that the International Enneagram Association would certify someone with so little training. There is one training I was considering doing on top of the one I am doing now, and it is so limiting in what it teaches. It is that instructors bent on it that is not comprehensive in the least, but this certifies someone to teach it? YIKES! 

I am so excited to be done though. It was a lot of work, but I think that I learned quite a bit, and now I want to write Enneagram Inner Work Journals for each type. HAHAHAHA. More writing! For now, I will just stick to the summer projects that I have set aside. 

Well, that was fifteen. Now on to prayer. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I had to set my Alexa timer twice because she heard me say 50 minutes instead of 15. So, here I go. I know I have not been doing as many fre...