Friday, June 19, 2020

Friday Freewrite

I am not sure I particularly like the "new blogger" because I don't see how I am to embed things. It will change in 10 days, but I am going to use the old one until the last minute.

It has been an eventful week. Other than a little blip that I handled with honesty, integrity, and love. I have had incredibly deep and meaningful conversations, even a face to face one yesterday. 

I really liked my Zoom with the Jesuits in Britain where the leader had us look at the other 70+ participants for a full two minutes before we continued with our time. It helped me to bond with the mostly British crowd. My small group had a man from the Orkney Islands, a man from Wiltshire, and a woman from Nottingham. We introduced ourselves and then we went to meditation. There were hardly any men, and we got two of them in our group. I liked that. The meditation was of us overlooking the city. It was so nice.

This morning, I had a nice prayer walk. It is going to be warm and wonderful today, and I plan on going on a hike/walk with Maddy before the day is done. 

Yesterday's face to face time was with Stacy who just recently moved back here from Anaheim. They will be here for about six months. They are a family in transition, but they seem to be doing really well. 

I realized she is a seven-minute walk away from Mindy's house. So I gave them each other's addresses, and I hope they see each other. 

Dania got a job in Albany, and she is living in Philomath. I am excited for her. Hope to see her. 

I am reading Silence by Endo. It is a classic, and I have not read a physical book in so long, I don't know what to do with myself! So far I really like it. It is about Jesuits in Japan. So, of course, I would love that. 

The weird thing this week was that I felt unwelcome by someone in a new group that I joined. When I took it out of the group chat, he blasted me about an innocent mistake. I think there is something else going on there. it was resolved. I think he has his own journey to go on. He is part of the old-guard, and I don't know how open he is to others coming into his orbit. He knows me, but there is something there that maybe doesn't have anything to do with me. I am going to let it go. Something he can take up with his spiritual director.

On a good note, my website is being built, and Tessa sent me the "mock-up" of the homepage, and I really like it. She heard my cry at the beginning of last week to use my pictures. It is so ME. So, I am glad she heard me.


Customers need to be happy.

On a fun note, I really like Finding Christ in the World, the 18th annotation written by Tetlow. I should have signed up to facilitate a small group though because I did it too late. So now they cannot seem to find people to fit my time. Most are east coasters who want to do it at night. They aren't very organized. I just have to trust that God knows best in me not pressing the "I will facilitate" button. I need a rest probably, and I think I need more face-to-face time than I need distance learning again. 

A summer of silence? Maybe? I was supposed to direct Heidi through the Exercises this summer, but she had to drop out because of a lay-off. I want to accept this.


Lord, what do you have for me to do? Photos. Writing. Organizing. I must do a Self Pres Sixty today. 

I could go back to bed. I really don't know why I am so tired. I got woken up by what I thought was a knock on our door, but I think it was part of my dream. 

I read an article about "expressive writing." I have done this for years! LOL! 

The time is up! 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...