The Bible and Classical Literature

I found this on a blog called "Classics and the Bible" by Adriana@Classical Quest, and I could not agree more:


"The centrality of the Bible for Christians means that they ought never to despise learning. By precept, by example, by its history, and by its very nature, the Bible opens up to us the whole world of truth."
~Gene Edward Veith Jr.


This reminds me so much of what I am learning as I read Booked: Literature in the Soul of Me by Karen Swallow Prior. Stay tuned for a review of this book (I am savoring the chapter on Jane Eyre and do not want it to end). It is SO where I am with classical literature and the connection with truth!!!!!
5 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snapfish versus Shutterfly

1. The Game with Minutes by Frank C. Laubach

8. Prayer: The Mightiest Force in the World by Frank C. Laubach