Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Reflections on Eating FAT!

I have not eaten anything really high-fat for 3 months and 6 days. We went to the coast, and I ate a big fat Teriyaki Burger at Flashbacks; a 1950's-era diner on Hwy 101. It came with fries, and usually, even when not watching my fat and calories, I will order an alternative like salad or cottage cheese. I went for the onion rings this time for the extra dollar

I could have skipped that.

OUCH! 


Even though I only ate 1/4 of my onion rings (They really didn't have much flavor, and I do not like them like I did in high school. The only kind I REALLY like are the Walla-Walla Sweets specialty onion rings you get from Burgerville in August), I ate all of my hamburger. By 7 or 8 pm, I had a HUGE stomach-ache! I had to take Maalox and suffer through it for most of the evening. I couldn't even eat any dinner.

My calorie intake was only about 1340 calories for the day but a whopping 50% fat was from fat with 22% of total calories for the day being  saturated fat!

(I do not care what anybody says, I cannot think that an Atkins Diet would be good for anyone. It makes you feel really lousy!) 

The Teriyaki burger was delicious though. Next time, I will skip the onion rings and eat only half the burger!  YIKES!

Not to mention that eating that high of a fatty meal really leaves you with one thing the next day: CONSTIPATION!

YIKES!  

So, after my breakfast of steel-cut oats, raisins, and almonds (YUM!), I am snacking on more almonds and edamame and drinking boatloads of water to flush out my system!

Ahhhhh . . . 


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...