Thursday, September 12, 2019

Thursday Thirteen Minute FREEWRITE

Thirteen minutes and counting. I did one of these on Monday, but I am going to do another one, by golly.

It was good to review and do an Examen for the whole time in Boise. It prompted me to set up a spiritual direction time on Tuesday with Fran to talk about the weird situation (not the cohort - that was wonderful - it was something that happened after the cohort was over). Fran was super helpful and the word PROTECTION came up again! That word has come up in my time with God more than once over the last month. 

Then I asked Nan to go out to lunch at the last minute (She wanted to go for my birthday, but I was still exhausted from having to crutch everywhere, and my leg had to be straight and locked so it was uncomfortable to sit for too long. Not to mention the swelling.) She was free so we had a nice time; heart to heart which I LOVE. That word PROTECTION came up with that. My cup was pretty full after that. 

Then, I had a spiritual direction time with a new person. She didn't know what it was, and I let it go longer than the normal one hour time because we had not seen each other since the end of July, and it was lovely too. She wanted to set up a regular time to meet. I think that will be really nice.

So, I am writing my freewrite just to get this PROTECTION word documented. I also think the verses for this morning also reinforced this theme, "You are my hiding place; You will preserve me form trouble/And surround me with songs of deliverance./You will instruct me and teach me in the way I should go;/You will counsel me and watch over me" (Ps 32:7-8).  So I had a Centering Prayer time with the words Hiding Place. Thank you, Lord, for being my Hiding Place. You do protect me, preserve me from trouble. You have protected me throughout my life: toxic friendships, a bad marriage (because you gave me such a GOOD one even though I had to wait). So, I am grateful.

Now, I have to decide about recruiting for the School of Sustainable Faith School of Spiritual Direction. My supervisor wants me to get a date down for an informational night. I think it would be better to get the dates for the cohort and see where to go from there. I am wondering if I should even be involved. I would love to see more spiritual directors here in the state of Oregon. There are only two of us in Corvallis with the same values as Sustainable Faith. So, I need to sit in this for a while and pray and listen. You will instruct me and teach me in the way that I should go. 

If anyone is reading this blog and wants more information about a cohort, and what that would involve, here is the web address for the YEAR ONE curriculum overview. I have a more detailed one that I can also send:

https://www.sustainablefaith.com/school-spiritualdirection/


I am not a gatherer, but I am a community developer once someone gathers. I did that with Shelly. She gathered the women. That is not my forte. 

Well, today, I have a PT appointment. 

I am done. Thirteen minutes went by so quickly. :) 


No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...