Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Telling Your Story from the Last Three to Four Months

I have to do this in preparation for my 2nd Year Spiritual Direction Training next weekend, but I thought it would be fun to put it here. If you would like, I can give you a free Spiritual Direction session listening to and helping you reflect on it!

This is the assignment: 


We suggest you prepare for your sharing time by reflecting on, in an examen fashion, the last 4 months (May-September. Note: You can set the time frame, but roughly the summer.)

The point is to garner a picture of the opus Dei, the work of God in your life, and then to bring forward what seems important to offer.

You might consider looking at the list of questions below, sitting with these questions in quiet before the Lord, waiting for responses and insight. You can then sift through the “spiritual data” that emerges and determine what to share.

What spiritually significant events / insights have occurred during the last 3-4 months?

What events has God used as grist for the mill of transformation?

What, if anything, has changed in my context since I was last here?

How have I largely experienced God during this time?

What have I been praying about / for? Are there places I roost?

What has prayer been like, and how has God seemed to me?

What graces do I ask for?

What longings and desires do I notice? What disappointment or disillusionment?

In what ways have I experienced transformation, consolation, desolation?

Where have faith, hope and love been ignited ... or challenged?

What new question(s), if any, do I carry?

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...