Friday, September 20, 2019

90. The Wind and the Willows by Kenneth Grahame

The Wind in the Willows
I cannot believe I never read this to my children when they were growing up. (I was not read to when I was growing up so I didn't even know this book existed.) It is DELIGHTFUL! This narrator is top notch. I was enthralled the entire book as the Mole goes on an adventure and Mr. Toad goes on a wild ride. I didn't realize that the Disneyland Fantasyland ride by the same name is based on this book. 

This was only a 5 hour book, but it would be great for a car journey with the family. 

(Some people object to the use of the word "ass," but the meaning in British English is very different from American English. Also there is a "demigod" in the very middle of the book that is sort of weird, and it might bother people.

This blog article explores this:

https://lettersrepublic.wordpress.com/2013/04/10/what-is-the-wind-in-the-wind-in-the-willows/



No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...