Saturday, September 28, 2019

Saturday Freewrite

I think I am done planning our November getaway. I have researched ad nauseum. (Technically it is not really that because that infers that it got annoying or tiresome, and I love every minute of planning - watching YouTubes about the place, looking at travel blogs, etc. So fun!) All that to say is that I am uber-prepared for this little Rhine Getaway with my sweetheart to celebrate our 30th Anniversary. That is a big milestone, and it needs to be celebrated! 

Today, I am going to an OSU Football Game after 36 years of not going. I mentioned to my friend, Julie, who was at Oregon State at another sorority back in the 80s. She was a family friend of my friend, Shannon, who passed away in June. We have been in touch lately because of her passing, and she invited me to be her Plus One to the Alumni Center and tour of the President's Residence. It should be fun to go with her. The last person I went with was Shannon back in 1983, and we were totally rained on relentlessly. When I woke up this morning and heard a downpour, I laughed. But this time, we will be INSIDE enjoying food, dry, and warm. :) 

I am almost done with The Decameron, and I think it is quite a feat, to say the least! It is 30 hours of reading, and I have about 8 left. Whew! I have been listening after my time with God every morning, but it makes me so sad: were the clergy really that corrupt and sensual in the 14th century? YIKES!

Anywho, I am looking forward to continuing my journey through Proust. I am tempted to just get rid of all the other books I have checked out in hopes of reading and going great guns into the remaining five volumes. All toll, it is about 2000 pages of reading left. I think my Kindle says it is about 64 hours of reading. I could do that by Christmas, maybe? I wish Audible would just give me a free membership because I am a big reader. :) I would love to listen to the unabridged version of this tome, but I don't think all the volumes are in the American system yet. I think you can get them in Europe though. 

I better get to my day. I have a lot to do before I leave for the Alumni Center at 12:45. TTFN.

Happy Saturday. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...