Sunday, September 15, 2019

89. The Decameron, abridged

 Is says "complete and unabridged" right above on the cover, but the "selected stories" were complete and unabridged, and I didn't read the "fine print" before I checked it out from library2go. So I knew that a 2+ hour time could not be the actual Decameron because I have the book on my shelf (from the books we inherited from my father-in-law), and it is quite thick. 

All that said, these narrators are all brilliant British actors. So, I enjoyed their narration, but I have the other version now which is about 30 hours, and I will just skip the ones I listened to already which leaves me 28 hours of listening! LOL! The nice thing is that no one is waiting for me to finish with this book, and I can keep it for a while.

The Decameron is 100 little stories. The are raunchy. It is full of sex, adultery, and people of the cloth doing lewd things. It is supposedly a very important part of literature and where Shakespeare and Chaucer got their inspiration for their great works. So, I will endure it since it is on the 1000 Books to Read Before You Die. 



No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...