Sunday, September 29, 2019

Sunday Freewrite

I am a freewrite machine this week. :) 

I went to the OSU vs. Stanford game yesterday. Julie was so nice to include me as her Plus One. There are a bunch of very delightful people on their alumni board and alumni association staff. She signed me up to be part of OSU Alumni Association. I didn't know I needed to join. Who knew? 

My life is full. So I don't do a lot of OSU events even though I work there (at least I will again starting in January). I don't feel bad about that. Yesterday was a very full day! Football games take a long time. It was fun though. 

One thing I liked about Julie is that she realized right away that I was an introvert. I wondered how she knew that, and I cannot remember what she said specifically, but she used examples of things I talked about doing. SO many people think that I am an extravert, and it drives me CRAZY when people argue with me about that, but there are certain people who get it. I remember one of my British literature students saying she knew that I was an introvert because of all the books that I read. Introverts can love people, people! It is about what gives one energy, and I recharge while doing things alone. In fact, after constant time with people yesterday, I am HUNKERING down today. I am wiped! I need to recharge. That is what I loved about my recovery. I spent a LOT of time by myself without guilt, with little smatterings of people visiting me for a bit. I liked that. :)

Well, this will be a short freewrite. I doubt if I will have time to devote to volunteering to OSU. One woman called me "pathetic" for not being involved since I live in Corvallis, but there are things outside of OSU events to give your life to honey (not offended by her comment, just amused), and I feel like I am definitely giving to OSU students by teaching them Pilates and helping them to prevent pain later on in their lives. That is my passion.

Sunday will be great. So excited to be back at home, snug as a bug in a rug. :)

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...