Sunday, June 19, 2016

24. Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis



789924

I have to admit that even though I have said that I read this book in the past, I listened to it while my kids listened. I got distracted many times. This time, I took a long bike ride and fell in love with this book. As I rounded the corner toward the morning sun rising over the mighty Willamette River, I marveled at this profound interaction between Aslan and Lucy:

"Aslan," said Lucy, "you're bigger." 
"That is because you are older, little one," answered he.  
"Not because you are?" 
"I am not. But every year you grow, you will find me bigger." 
(p. 136) 

As I grow, God becomes bigger in my life. I see how "BIG" He really is. 

I love this book. Good versus Evil and being brave even when you might think you are not ready. 

Since I am going to Oxford in a month, I am reading a book about the Inklings, the group that included Tolkien and Lewis. So I thought this series would be perfect to read. I am taking a break to read that humongous book (500+ reading pages) and switch my fictional audiobook listening (I usually have one audiobook and one physical book going at the same time) to Our Mutual Friend in preparation for our time in London! I might download the rest of the Narnia books for listening on the plane and before bedtime while I am there. They are so short that I could probably finish the rest of them while I am there! 

By the way, Lynn Redgrave's narration is EXCELLENT! 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...