Monday, May 16, 2016

Monday Freewrite

Listening to Ephesians 2-6 and freewriting.

Ephesians 2: He sits us down in highest heaven in company with Jesus the Messiah. Saving is all God's idea. It is God's gift from start to finish. Whew!

Rich history of God's covenants. So rich to know the Old Testament covenants. It makes listening to this so joyful. 

Christ came and preached peace to everyone. Equal access to the Father through Christ. We all belong here in Christ. Building a home. Brick by brick. Stone by stone. A temple in which God is home. 


Ephesians 3: The mystery is that people who have never heard of God and those who have heard of it all their life are on equal ground before God through Christ. This is my life's work: helping people understand and respond to the Message. . . Came as a gift . . . God handling all the details. . . When it came to presenting the Message to people who had no background . . . I was the least qualified . . . God saw to it that I was equipped, but you can be sure that it had nothing to do with my natural abilities. 

I was going to go on in the Ephesians, but I think I need to pause and marvel. "This is my life's work . . . " that section is what I turned to while praying with Lorraine on Friday! I had written the whole passage out in my journal, but I had not written down the reference. I am grateful that God showed me it this morning because I think this is my life's work also! Lorraine said that hers was to "Sow the Word of God." She has done that her whole life. God can take care of the rest.


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...