Friday, December 08, 2006

Part of My Week


Monday

Lots of time to just "be" at home rather than out and about. We leisurely went through our history heading toward the fall of Rome in 400 something AD. We also got out our Ring of Fire Rock Cycle Kit! Paul was so excited. I tried it with them four years ago, but he was only in second grade, and it is for 6th - 12th graders (what was I thinking?). It is the perfect age for them this time. Here is a website address for Ring of Fire:

http://www.sciencekitsforkids.com/Level2.htm#The_Rock_Cycle






We decided to gather all the rocks they have collected over the last few year and display them on the Hope Chest after Christmas. Loved the leisurely pace we were afforded with no afternoon commitments. We need more of these.



The rest of the day was relaxing, and I finished reading This Beautiful Mess. Loved this beautiful book, and I love the fact that evangelicals are thinking social justice issues. I love the way he lays that out in Kingdom priorities. I loved the practical examples of how Imago-Dei is doing this.




Here is the web address: http://www.imagodeicommunity.com/


Tuesday


More history and science. Loved it. We moved music to 1:30 instead of 11:15, and I can't tell you how much better it is to have two extra hours in the afternoon to get through school. It was so hard to have commitment butting up to our homeschool almost every day this last term. I am really wanting to clear that space more and more if at all possible.

I shopped during music. We ran home and put away groceries and dashed to a St. Nicholas Day cookie baking with our friends the Iszlers.










WE LOVE THE ISZLER FAMILY!














Wednesday - Happy St. Nicholas Day


I skipped workout in order to get up early, light some candle, and meditate on the Lord and the day. I waited for the kids to get up and loved the morning to myself. Then we opened the stockings. Where did all that come from.


I am so enjoying my life with these two boys on the right. What a blessing to be a mom. I just love every minute I spend with these guys.


In the evening, I went to my sweet Bible study at Claudia's house. I love studying Ephesians with this group of mature ladies. There were only nine of us this time, and the smaller, the better!





Thursday
We had the Alexanders over because Mary Beth is wiped out with Bruce's cancer treatment. I feel for her. She is so tired. So, I had them until about 11. I had a more curtailed time with the boys for school. Then, I had Bible study with Nancy and Kim. Good time or finding out about our personality types. We will work together very well.


The evening meant SURVIVOR! I say either Yul or Ozzy are my picks. No one else interests me. Becky has ridden the coattails of Yul. Sondra is very nice and sweet, but she might be the sleeper! No way on Pavarti or Clay (?). They are lazy. Yul and Ozzy are the best competitors in the bunch. Not to mention they are both very cute!




Friday
Two hour workout in the morning (Weights and Elliptical, and Step Machine). Meditation and prayer. Then off to cooking class. My kids are finally done with doing this. I have been done with it for a while because I just don't think it is the best use of my gifts. I come, and I feel like I want to get in all these conversations, and I just don't feel the freedom to do it. I love the food, and I love the people, but I think I need to be reaching out in a more spontaneous way with women like I did this summer. Plus, we just don't get back to school whenever we do go.
I also need some wiggle room, and I need to stick to the goal of having school in the mornings.
Came home to a meeting with Michelle. What do I do when someone asks me point blank whether she should work with someone? I love Michelle. Don't I want to warn her? I don't know. I am so confused, and I want to be very careful.
Then, I had a talk with Lisa. Love those two women. They are so great. I really miss working wtih them, and I think working with them would have been so fun, but it wasn't meant to be. I am sad about that, but I am in such a good place right now.
So, that is "part of my week."

3 comments:

Susanne Barrett said...

Since you posted on my Survivor posting, I thought I'd post on yours!

Go Ozzy!

You have such a lovely bog, Carol. Nice job!

Love,
Susanne :)

Susanne Barrett said...

Ack -- I mean BLOG, not bog.

The curse of the typos! Sorry!

Carol Ann Weaver said...

There is another one. Someone is actually looking!

Freewrite Friday

I know I put this quote at the beginning of my last Freewrite, but I put it in "Quote Fancy," and I like this picture that I could...