Wednesday, November 27, 2019

116. The Uncommon Reader


3793473. sx318 This book was a delightful surprise on my reading list! I laughed out loud so many times. (It does have one very off-color phrase about halfway through the book that does not characterize it and was totally unnecessary and totally improper!) Queen Elizabeth II is on the verge of her Golden Jubilee, 50th anniversary of her ascension to the throne, and she has discovered READING!  This new discovery even has her talking about Proust which made me laugh since I am about 30% of the way through his book, In Search of Lost Time.

Reading opens her eyes to a whole new world and causes great consternation with those around her. An avid reader would love this delightful book. 





No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...