Thursday, November 28, 2019

Thursday Thirteen Freewrite

Since I had a freewrite last night too, I am only doing THIRTEEN (but mostly because it goes with THURSDAY). 

I slept until 4:30am! I probably would have slept longer, but George had set the alarm so he could get up and put the turkey in the oven. But I cannot complain. I think I am finally adjusted to the time change. It always takes me about one day of adjustment for every hour of the time change. Europe is nothing compared to the grueling time change with Southeast Asia. 

I am on Week Five of the Exercises for Everyone. I am so glad I wrote this guide. (If you want one, I give them free to anyone who wants it. I want people to experience the life-changing freedom that comes from the Spiritual Exercises. I am on a mission to tell the world!) I contemplated the "sin of the angels" today. I was so scared to do that the last time. When I did it with the Creighton University Online Retreat, it was so much easier. The actual way that Ignatius describes it made me very reluctant to do it, but I remember I had all these appointments get canceled, and I spent the whole day working through my apprehension. It ended up being so freeing for me. 

I would love to do these Exercises in a podcast form. I was thinking this morning that I would love to have someone come along who could do that for me. I often would have ideas in the past, then someone would come along and put those dreams into reality. I remember having the vision for a lip-sync to "Powder Room Politics" and Lisa O came along and put it into action. I wish I had someone to make my dream of spreading the Exercises to people in a way that is accessible for today. I do not know the first thing about doing a podcast. I wish that I did! So I am going to pray for that. I think this is so important for people. 

I am beginning to smell the turkey! I am going to make my famous French rolls. I love my mother-in-law, and I am looking forward to seeing her. 

Last night was so sweet. We all crowded in our bedroom and watched A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and the other one that is an animated history lesson of the pilgrims. Fun fact to know and tell: we went to the church in Amsterdam where the pilgrims worshipped before they went to the "new world"! It was just fun to watch this together even though our kids are adults.

I am going to say it. Those guys are going to make wonderful husbands for two women someday. I know I am their mom, but they are just really kind and sensitive young men. They are not flashy or fake. They are just real people. I like them a lot. I always look forward to these extended times as a family. 

I am enjoying the book Dear Bob and Sue. I am looking forward to listening to another Graham Greene novel narrated by Colin Firth too, The End of the Affair. I am having trouble transferring the last two CDs on my computer though. Quite weird. 

Well, Happy Thanksgiving to all!

GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE. Oh, I must find that one poem I love so much by Dunbar. 


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...