Monday, November 04, 2019

105-107: Asimov's Foundation, Foundation and Empire, Second Foundation

295792958129580

I found these books fascinating! Sci-Fi is my least favorite genre. Thus why I think it was important for me to go out of my comfort zone and do this. I think Asimov is a very good story teller and was young when he wrote these books. What talent! I was so drawn in by the first book (which is all my online book club was reading) that I wanted to continue to read the entire trilogy. There are more, but these three gave me the closure I needed. 

The first book made HUGE jumps in time. So I never was attached to the characters. In addition, there were NO FEMALE characters of significance in the first one. The next two did have females that played quite significant roles. Thus, why I was more drawn into the continuing story. What can I say, I identify with female characters! 

Also, I think the covers of these books are really cool! :) 

As to deeper meaning, Book Rags says, "The trilogy explores such issues as the accurate determining of historical trends, the conflict between determinism and free will, and the ability of one person or group of people to control history." (http://www.bookrags.com/Foundation_series/#gsc.tab=0)

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...