Monday, November 25, 2019

113. Growing Up by Russell Baker


40183671

Such a fascinating, humorous, and delightful memoir. He was born in Virginia about the same time my mom was born in Chicago. This generation that grew up between World War I and II and survived the depression is truly a wonderful generation. I could not put this great memoir down. 

I thought his name sounded so familiar, and George reminded me that he was the host of Masterpiece Theatre from 1993-2004 which is when I came to it in earnest after marrying George who grew up on it.


This man can write. I feel like journalists are the best writers of all. This is only up to his marriage to his wife, Mimi. It is such a great read, and I highly recommend it. 


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...