Monday, August 06, 2018

Monday Morning Freewrite

23:1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.    He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

I am lying down (or is it lay) in those green pastures. Clearing many things off my plate this  August, and I am so grateful to have extra time that I usually do not have. I have been able to concentrate more on my health, and that has been so good. (My health is good, but half the pounds I lost in 2013 crept back on from the back injury at the Santa Barbara residency, two broken toes, sitting and doing Renovare reading and writing and lectures, falling while fishing in December, stress eating from too busy a schedule, and France.)  
As I walk and rest, you are restoring my soul, Lord. I know, for me, my body must be part of that soul restoration. I need to walk along quiet places. I have LOVED having one on one time (or two on one or two on two when George is home, and we have singles/couples over). I so missed that last year. It is more life-giving to me than anything. If I don't do a Kingdom Community, I would like to meet this way with people all year.  Restoration of my soul. Thank you.

4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
Admittedly, I fear someone right now. You are with me. Leading me to meditate in the Psalms while I face this newest challenge with a difficult person in my class has been so good. Your character reminds me that I am not alone.  

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.
I am so grateful that you are with me in any and every trial, every and any ministry challenge, every and any heartache. I believe in your goodness and mercy. 
Thank you for letting me dwell with you all the days of my life.

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...