Thursday, August 16, 2018

Things I Love About Today Freewrite Fifteen

A reminder: a freewrite is a device where one sets the timer for a certain amount of time, and you just write whatever is on your mind without worry about spelling, grammar, punctuation. I did it with my kids, and we had fun reading their freewrite journals last Saturday as we cleaned out their papers from 14 glorious years of homeschooling. My son who most resisted this exercises does it EVERY DAY as a 23 year old. Go figure! 

Here we go! 15 minutes.

I love that I got a nice response from Coleman, a Renovare Institute small group buddy saying that there was no need to apologize for leaving. He loves what I do. I love what I do too! I love that God revealed to me that the RI was interfering with what I do best. 

I love that I fixed the Apple Watch "stand" counter problem all by myself. It was silly that it frustrated me yesterday because I didn't want to ruin my "streak" (19 days) because of a glitch in my watch. You see, I would stand and walk around, and the "stand" counter would not count it. I got up and walked around for many steps each hour for nine hours (totaling 3000-4000 steps), and it would not register my "stand"! It did not work again this morning so I unpaired the watch and repaired and reset everything, and it works now. Stupid first world problem really, but it is nice to get credit for my efforts! HAHA.                                            

I love that I don't have to be anywhere until 11:30 today, and I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow! YAY! After my 11:30 lunch date with sorority sisters, I don't have to be anywhere until 7 pm, and I might ride my bike there since I think I can get home before dark from her house, and even if I don't, I can walk my bike home because it is only about 1.6 miles away. 

I love that I have Amazon Prime Music and an Alexa so I can have worship dance times in my living room. I never knew that something like this could lead me into worship. I don't have to go searching for music. I just name a song and it plays. I love that. My worship in song has increased a hundredfold.

I love that I am spending the "Summer in the Psalms"! Man, are they really bringing back memories of when I struggled with so much in my 20s, and these Psalms got me through. They helped me get through that difficult student, and now she has been gone for three weeks, and I think she is not coming back. YAY!

I love that all my men are working in good jobs in their fields. Geo interviewed for a job in town on Tuesday. The impetus for leaving his current job is leaving at the end of August though. But he made this move to look for something here back in May. It sounds like an interesting job at his old place of employment, but I highly doubt the pay will be as good, but it sure would be nice to have that man home every night and me not having to be concerned about him driving on the roads every day.

I love that I am controlling my eating after about 15 months of no regard for how much I was stuffing in my mouth! I decided not to weight myself and go by feel because I want to feel when I am gaining. My stomach is shrinking again. I am not overweight according to the charts, but I have a weight I feel best in when I wear certain clothes. That is what I am looking at, I want to go by the fit of my clothes. It is going well.

I love that my sons thought to text me about getting me a Blizzard last night, and I took them up on it because it was so sweet of them to ask. I went over for the day, but I will make up for it today and tomorrow! 

I love that it is a bit cooler today. I will check the air quality.

19 seconds to go. I am out and sending this without a proofread. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...