Friday, August 03, 2018

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

What a great week.

M & C were visiting from Pittsburgh so they came for brunch on Sunday. That was fun.

I taught my class on Monday, and the problem student was gone AGAIN! The class is so much easier to teach without her interruptions. I had also taught one on Sunday night with Squishy balls that had a younger crowd so I could really challenge them.

I had a long talk with my boss, and she was very supportive. So I am going to wait and see if this student returns or not. She did not come on Wednesday either. I just have zero tolerance for bullies. 

I ran over to meet with P who is part of a pregnancy resource center that wants to know how to better serve the OSU campus. That was a fun two hour conversation. She is a delightful person. 

Then, a woman who is going overseas came and told me her story since we last met up about three years ago. Wow! So much has happened. It was a very long story and took 5 1/2 hours to tell. I was exhausted afterward (yes, I an introvert, but you would not know it until afterwards when I crash from all the people contact). 

At the end of my time with this woman, Nan called me quite upset because someone in our community drowned, but she could not release the name. Prayers. Now we know who it is, and the community is reeling. I did not know him, but we have 48 mutual friends. So, he is close to those I am close to. 

Tuesday I met with people for my new job. I am required to meet with the directors, and there are eleven! I also had a 68 question "test" to learn about the facility, and the nice front desk guy helped me and the service desk director. I can see the advantage of doing this because I get to know the people that I am working with. Again, my boss was so nice to me and very supportive of my stuff with this new class.

After this, I picked Paul up from his impressions for his new retainer and took him to work afterward. I went to the library and the store.  I came home and got caught up on a lot of home things. I love more days at home. 

Wednesday she was not there AGAIN! I did a rolling class, and it was great. I was supposed to meet with someone for listening, but she had to postpone. 

Thursday was reading my book club book and meeting with more directors. George came home.

Also, I got this new Apple Watch, and I love its features. I have learned something: I am in the "athlete" category for my aerobic fitness. I knew I was in pretty good shape aerobically, but my resting heart rate that the Apple Watch reads regularly is BELOW the average for even an "athlete" category for a 20 something. Go figure. I certainly did not feel that way when I was hiking up Cascade Head with those 23-30 year old people on June 9th! I think it was because I had pulled my glute muscle the day before though. All that said, I am really happy with my watch, and WALKING really does keep one cardiovascularly fit! I have a hard time getting my heart rate up to my training zone unless I run. I am going to try biking today to test how high it gets. 

All that to say that when I was running on one day this week, my knee did this funny thing. I think it was latent from me pulling my glute in July. Neurologically, it sort of "gave out" on the back side of my knee. So I had to stop running. Then, later that day, I fell down the stairs! So, now my whole left side is a mess. My back hurts now. So I am going to see Dr. Myers at 2:45. So I might have to take a rest day from my experiments with my Apple Watch (I feel like "Get Smart" talking on my watch).  By the way, I love that it makes you stand and walk around for one minute every hour. HUGE help for me who gets so focused on things.

One last thing about health, I am taking August to adjust some bad eating habits that I have been slipping into, and I am on Day 3 and going strong. I am recording on Lose It! again, and I love that community there. I also quit all the sitting and writing papers for good by dropping out of the RI. It was the BEST decision for me. 

I am over my freewrite fifteen by four minutes. BYE! No proofreading. Just pressing. 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...