Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Freewrite Tuesday Twelve

Twelve minutes on the timer. Go! 

I love that I can just tell Siri to set my timer for twelve minutes. Or I can ask Alexa doing it. Some gadgets are just fun.

I have loved having this Apple Watch. I have had it for one full month, and it has kept me moving. There are three "rings" that you try to close. One is the MOVE ring where I have an active calorie goal every day. The next is the EXERCISE ring where there is a goal for the number of minutes you exercise. I have noticed that when I set my exercise on Endomondo, all the minutes did not transfer over to the Apple Activity Rings, but when I used the exercise app that is built into the watch, all the minutes transfer. I will be sad to leave Endomondo. I have used it since November 2012, but it is just easier to have everything transfer with the Apple, but I do like that the Endomondo app on the Apple Watch has the bars that show you what cardio zone you are in! That was very helpful to see that visually. So I am a bit torn. Isn't that a great problem to have? First world dilemma. Oh brother.

Today is Paul's follow up appointment with Dr. Over in Eugene. This will be the last time we go down there unless Paul wants to make adjustments to his teeth. What a long 15 year journey for both of them! Man, it seems like yesterday we went down there. I don't even want to count the number of times we went there.

Tomorrow I will finish my Psalms in a Month Examen on the www.examen.me site. I love that site, but it will be nice to go back to my regular Prayer of Examen . I am also going to walk 1.82 miles every morning and pray in my Face to Face: Praying the Scriptures for Intimate Worship book. I love the mental health of being outside in the early morning before the city really wakes up! I don't always do that, but I sit too long in the morning. AND, I realized I was overeating 182 calories a day. So 1.82 miles is about 182 calories for me! I have always said that this is what I need to do, and I am going to do it. At least until the weather is super bad, but I am going to try to do it even when the weather is not good. I like the early morning because it is light. In the Winter it will be harder, but I am determined to keep the weight off this time (famous last words). Of course, I am not 'overweight" according to the charts, but I know that I am better hallway through that range of pounds, and I am determined to get down to at least a 23 BMI which is not too far away. I will definitely be there by Lisa's wedding.

Speaking of Lisa's wedding, I am excited for them. I had a little scare that maybe the cousins were not invited, but she had just sent them their invitations separately from ours. Whew! That sort of hung over my head after them not being invited to the wedding for their other cousin even though ALL the cousins AND their significant others were invited on the mom's side of the family. My kids would not have been able to come, but I still thought it was inappropriate to invite one side and not the other, but my brother was not alive to represent our side of the family. It was not my call though.

There is the timer. 


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...