One woman's journey to wellness through a well-adjusted heart, well-watered soul, well-educated mind, and well-tuned body. "Love the Lord your God with all your HEART, and with all your SOUL, and with all your MIND, and with all your STRENGTH" (Mark 12:30-31). "What makes the desert beautiful is that
somewhere it hides a well."
(Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
Subscribe to this blog
Follow by Email (Because People Have Asked To Do This!)
REPOST OF MY 2017 GOALS
How am I doing, LORD?
January 1, 2017 POST: Teala and I are on our 21st year of having a Day of Prayer at the sorority she is currently working at (with the exception of the two years we were in Malaysia at which time I had it remotely).
The word for the year is SIMPLE. I had all sorts of thoughts about GOALS for the year, but God said to keep it simple. So, I have "Seven Simple Scripture Steps for '17!"
1.Cease striving (be still, let go, relax) and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth. (Psalm 46:10)
(Stilling my heart before Him, not rushing ahead of His plan for my day but being still so I can listen)
2. Continually seek His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things shall be provided to you. (Matthew 6:33)
(Moment by moment seeking)
3. Blessed are those who hear the word of God, and obey it. (Luke 11:28)
(Daily listening and obeying - no more, no less)
4. And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. (Mark 12:30)
(Love, worship, and adore Him with all of my being)
5. You shall love your neighbor as yourself. (Mark 12:31)
(Serve my sweetheart, sons, and students [training, Pilates, TOAG, Tahera, and Bible Book Club people])
6. Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. Everyone who competes in the games exercise self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. Therefore, I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way as not beating the air; but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified. (1 Corinthians 9:24-27)
(2017 self-control resulting in strong and svelte at 22 BMI)
7. So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. Therefore, let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through following the same example of disobedience. (Hebrews 4:9)
In keeping with my prayer emphasis for 2014, here is another gem of a book on prayer written by the same person who wrote The Game with Minutes that I reviewed in January, Frank Laubach.
It was such a challenge to caste my prayer for world leaders (which was one of my applications from the Prayer Challenge that I am doing from Super Bowl Sunday to Easter). I had a half day in prayer last Friday; and because of this book's reminders, I prayed for the president of Ukraine to step down. Within hours, he fled the country. Now I have to really get on my knees for Putin because he might mess the whole thing up by sending military there. Oh my.
Instead of reinventing the wheel, I am cutting and pasting one person's reflections and quotes from the book:
One of Laubach's most important suggestions in this terrific little book is that we pray during the "chinks" that happen in all of our schedules: while stuck in traffic, doing mindless chores, standing in lines, and so on. …
I dealt with both this week. So, while it is fresh in my mind, I am doing a comparison for ordering prints. Wish I could do it in table form, but I am simply not savvy enough or maybe I am just lazy. Shutterfly PROS
1) CUSTOM CROPS - I have gone all over the Internet looking for people who say this is an advantage. To me, that is huge if I have cropped a photo with an other than 4x6 size in my photo editing software and then I try to print them. BOTH Snapfish and Shutterfly print these photos with cut off heads and portions gone and both don't seem to have a mechanism for telling me that the whole image isn't going to be in the print. (Also, both tend to cut off heads and such for prints from my point and shoot too. I think it is because it is from a different aspect ratio).
BOTH need to notify you to say that things are not going to fit in the frame, but Shutterfly gives you something to do about it with their custom crop tool! I also LOVE that you can make a custom border aroun…
My princess, I have given you
the names Carol and Boldly Beloved for a reason. You are a wonderful creation
of mine, and I am with you always as your victorious, quietly loving, warrior,
empowering you to be bold and rejoicing over you with songs and shouts of joy
(and your earthly father was listening to Me when he changed your name to Carol
without even knowing it meant "Song of Joy"). On top of all this, I
want you to know there is no condemnation from Me because you are in Christ
Jesus, you are free from the critique of men, living only to please and delight
Me as your audience of One. Nothing, absolutely nothing, will separate you from
My love in Christ Jesus.