Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Freewrite Fifteen Fret to Focus

Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.
Peterson, E. H. (2002). The Message : The Bible in contemporary language (Php 4:6-7). Colorado Springs, Colo.: NavPress.

Sometimes it is hard for me to focus because I fret. Today has already been a whirlwind. Strategizing this morning with George about the major transition in the future, Bible Study with Rachel, walk and processing with Nessa, phone call and prayer with Leslie, rescheduling Michael's Eugene dental appointments because Dr. Over has injured his hand. What's for dinner? Colossians writing and 42 more Bible Book Club posts! Focus. Do the next thing (thank you Elizabeth Elliot). Breathe. Where is the chocolate?

Praying about everything. I am thankful that I can look at the TurboTax icon on my computer and know my job is done there. Well done. Taxes paid. Refund is in my account but still pending. Hmmm. Reimbursement check in the mail. Waiting for a call to reschedule appointments. Focus on Colossians Carol. You can do it. Where is the chocolate?

Did I win second place at SNAP afterall? Weight maintenance going great despite wondering where the chocolate is.

Back to lifting light weights. Back feeling really great. An evening out for Jesus Community should be OK for us. Wish the three extraverted girls were going to be there too.

Praying about everything. Phone call into George about getting the tentative dates on the calendar. Maybe a vacation is not the best idea once he starts at the new job. But when will we have that break. Dreaming of sitting on a river boat watching Europe go by. So silly. Colossians awaits. OOOoooo. What about a trip to Colossae with Rich's tour group. Just dreamin'. We fulfilled the Washington, D.C. trip after fifteen years of dreaming. Do not want to wait that long for something in Europe. 

Anxiety melting away. So proud of George and the kids. Loving life. Thankful for sunshine and legs that walk. Quiet now that the dishwasher has stopped but what's for dinner? 

Praying about everything. Not fretting or worrying. Petitions and praises. Praying for Boston. Letting God know my concerns. Wholeness restored, everything coming together for GOOD - settling me down. Christ replacing the worry at the center of my life. I feel it even now.

Filling my mind with what is good and true - the BEST rather than the WORST. Beautiful rather than the ugly. Praising versus cursing. Bless you old job. You have been good for my husband until now. Good-bye. Thank you for the new at just the right time. 

You make everything work together and in harmony. You will do that for those I walk, talk, and pray with too. Thankful at the depth of my soul. Moving on. Timer going off in 24 seconds. 


It is well with my soul. Celtic music was I write Colossians. Bye! No proofreading. 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...