Wednesday, April 17, 2013

23. The Fast Diet

Read this because I saw a news report on it and put it on hold a while ago. It only took one hour to read. Some because I already understand much of the science. 

 I found the research about delaying the onset of Alzheimer’s disease encouraging due to the high probability I will get it (Great grandmother, grandmother, mother all had it BAD). I am going to do this for spiritual/health reasons rather than for weight loss though (That is so nice to say! I am at my goal weight!). I know that full on fasts for days on end are much harder now that I have gotten rid of excess weight. So, this is 5 days of normal eating and 2 days of eating 25% of calories or 500 calories for women and 600 for men. Since the women’s calories are probably based on average shorter height, I am going to go at 25% of my average calorie burn from my BodyBugg which has been 2300 calories the last 30 days. That is 575 calories.

There is a lot of science in this book, but I think most people will find it engaging and doable! You can do the fast anyway you want, but it seems that the longer time you have with no eating, the greater the health benefit. A twelve to thirteen hour fast two times a week for me would be nothing. It is much like what a Ramadan fast in the summer would be like (which I did for the whole fast in 2010 including NO WATER!). It is definitely doable drinking lots of water and having a busy day. 

Interesting that the research shows that exercise in the morning BEFORE breakfast has proven more beneficial. I did that for years but was always told that was a NO NO! Most of science seems legitimate, but I will definitely be researching this more in the coming weeks. 

 

2 comments:

Carole said...

Hi Carol. This looks like a good book. Please drop me a line on ca4ole@gmail.com if you are ok with me linking to it on my blog (Carole's Chatter). Cheers

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Totally fine to link!

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...