Thursday, August 22, 2019

Weight Bearing is Coming!

Countdown by countingdownto.com

Well that was fun to embed in this blog! The long wait for weight-bearing is almost over.

I have been sitting for much of the morning so I don't know how long this post will be because I have to elevate my leg, AND it never good for my back to sit for long periods of time.

I spent much of the morning sitting and writing and addressing thank you notes for all the people who brought me meals and gave me gifts for my birthday. I needed to call the person who arranged meals, and she sort of chewed me out for not calling her and asking for more meals. I didn't have her number connected to her name in my phone, and I had to get a hold of Carey to contact her. I finally did. The meals stopped last Wednesday, but I was OK with that as I think we will make due until I am weight-bearing, and there are people who bring me meals outside of the church meal train. So maybe more will come. In the meantime, Paul fixed me hard boiled eggs and toast, Café Steamer for lunch, and I just had chai tea for breakfast. He also brought me snacks. I am content, and I don't eat as much when we make our own meals. I am so grateful for all the meals we received, and we received so many that it took me much of the morning to write thank you notes!

I accidentally pushed down on my heal of my left leg to get over to the blinds to open them yesterday afternoon. That is the first time I have put any weight on the leg, and it felt fine to do it. The doctor did say he was tempted to let me start putting weight on it after my appointment last Thursday. So, I don't think it hurt to do that. While this has become my new normal, I will be ever so thankful to be able to walk a bit.


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...