Friday, August 09, 2019

Friday Fifteen Freewrite

I just love alliterations: Friday Fifteen Freewrite. I have my timer set, and here I go!!!!!!

I just finished The Trinity: A Journal, and I made this monumental decision to do my review on Goodreads and then just use the HTML script that they say you can cut and paste and put it in this blog. That way, I don't have to get a separate copy of the book cover and paste it into this blog. Plus, it links back to the book on Goodreads in case someone might want to buy the book because I think Goodreads is owned by Amazon now (they really are taking over the world) - I might be wrong about that, but the rule of the Freewrite is that you just write and write and don't get distracted from this writing straight through for fifteen minutes. So maybe they don't own Goodreads? I will update this freewrite afterwards if I am wrong.

Anywho, I have read NINE books this week since Sunday. I am on a RUSSIAN READING ROLL (another alliteration, by the way)! What is so funny is that I was reviewing the Chekhov plays that I read, and I took a break and watched Season 14 of The Amazing Race (I think it was in about 2008), and they were in Russia, and they had a bunch of letters and had to unscramble them to spell a "famous Russian playwright"! LOL! Here I am taking a break from Chekhov, and they mention Chekhov in the episode, and what was even funnier was that 7 out of 9 of the teams HAD NO IDEA and had to just play with the letters until they got it right. Of course, the lawyer got it right away, and he said, "That was so easy. Of course it is Chekhov." But sadly, the majority of people would never know about Chekhov. Then I thought, did I know about Chekhov in 2008? Somehow I think I did. I think I had read the dramas list from The Well-Educated Mind by then so I would have read or been on the verge of reading his most famous work: The Cherry Orchard.

Dead Russians are the best writers.

On another note, I have not only been feeding my mind with good literature but have also been feeding my soul. Better said that God has been feeding my soul. I have loved my time in Bonhoeffer and with The Trinity: A Journal, finishing up with the Holy Spirit. It has been perfect as I face what many would consider a trial. There have been only brief moments where I panicked with this broken leg, mostly when I thought my back was going to go out. But God has brought me back to a focus that "the Holy Spirit gives life and peace," and He has faithfully brought me back to his perspective, actually quite quickly. 

He has also brought me back to focus in one thing where I felt rejected and insecure in a setting with three other people. I excused myself and went back to my bedroom and focused and listened to God. They had no idea as they were busy with something that I felt left out of (thus why I was feeling insecure). Instead of telling them I was hurt, I went into God's inner room for me, and He spoke so wonderfully and beautifully to me. In Enneagram terms, my insecurity wanted me to go from my Type Two into the insecure Type Eight (my direction of disintegration), but instead I went into the inner room of the healthy Type Four (my direction of integration), and it was amazing!

Then, I went back out into the living room, and the whole situation, and my perspective of it totally turned around. I felt SO WANTED and SO LOVED, but I didn't have to demand it, and I would have been fine if those others did NOT communicate that to me because I already felt SO WANTED and SO LOVED by God in my inner room time with Him back in my bedroom. So their affirmation of me was just an icing on a cake. I already had the cake.

So that was something that I might have already documented here, but I thought I would write about it in my Freewrite. 


And there you go FIFTEEN MINUTES exactly. Time to face the day. (By the way is it also DAY FIFTEEN on my injury recovery so I might be half way to weight bearing! YAY!)

Pressing without proofreading! BYE! 

Update: Amazon acquired Goodreads on March 28, 2013. There you go. They really are taking over the world. 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...