Wednesday, August 28, 2019

82. The Good Neighbor: The Life and Work of Fred Rogers

I absolutely LOVED this book. I had it on hold for months, and I was in the middle of reading other books when it became available, but I plunged right in and could not put it down. 

I had no idea he came from a super wealthy family! It was so great. I highly recommend this book, and I recommend Lavar Burton's excellent and enthusiastic narration of the book. 

He was an exemplary man. It was so interesting to read about his upbringing. He was raised in a Western Pennsylvanian Scottish Presbyterian home just like mine! In fact, he grew up just 42 minutes away from Indiana, Pennsylvania where my ancestors are. 

I wish he had been my neighbor. I cannot recommend this book highly enough. 

Also, if you listen to the audiobook, you get the bonus of a 22 minute interview with the author. It is excellent! 

1 comment:

marty boller said...

Absolutely loved this one about one of my favorite "pastors"...

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

I had to set my Alexa timer twice because she heard me say 50 minutes instead of 15. So, here I go. I know I have not been doing as many fre...