Wednesday, January 04, 2017

2. The Road to Little Dribbling by Bill Bryson


I read Notes from a Small Island by the same author just last month. I thought it might be too much, but it was just more about the place that I love! He went to more places that we have been to, and one of his favorite places was Avebury Stones. It was also probably our favorite place too. He also made me feel better about not going inside the Manor House there and just walking around all the cool places like West Kennet Long Barrow and Silbury Hill! We saved ourselves a lot of money that way! (Here is my own travelogue of the Avebury Stones: http://carolhomeschool2.blogspot.com/2016/07/travelogue-day-9-worcester-cathedral-to.html.)


I know some people think he is a curmudgeon, but I think he is just hilarious. I also learn so much about the history of places when he writes these little travel memoirs.

I kept thinking he was going to end up in Little Dribbling, but alas, it is a fictional place!

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...