Sunday, June 24, 2007

Summer Reading List Progress

How to Read Slowly: A Christian Guide to Reading with the Mind by James W. Sire - Sent it back from which is came. Incredibly DRY and BORING! Couldn't read it.

I replaced that book with:

Eat this Book: A Conversation in the Art of Spiritual Reading by Eugene Peterson - It was throughly delightful and covered Lectio Divina and the power of reading Scripture for transformation. I ate it up!

Crunchy Cons by Ron Dreher (Lamp-post discussion end of June) - Absolutely loved it. I am leading the discussion right now, and I don't think I am very good at leading online discussions. I am much better in person on that score. Not to self: Don't lead any more online discussion after you lead Passage to India. LOL!

Passage to India by Forster (Book Dames discussion July 14 and Lamp-post July 27)

I really love Forster! It was very fun to read and to see the cultural differences between the English and Indian and between Indians of different religions. Fascinating!

Still left to read this summer:

1776 by McCullough - I may start that this week or wait until next week
The Cloister Walk by Norris -It looks like I will lead this workshop. So it is a go.
Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnards - Want to just pick back up for QT. I am halfway through and have been for quite some time!
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan - My next fiction after Hinds Feet
Hound of the Baskervilles by Doyle - Sent it back to the library since we aren't discussing until September. I will read it in August
Escape from Slavery by Francis Bok - No rush since it is borrowed

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...