Sunday, July 19, 2020

Sunday Examen Prayer of Saturday

The little message by James Martin was about Faith sharing - Gather four to five friends and see how God has been at work in your life. What has been going on in their prayer? Minimal response. Just simply listen and be present to what is going on in that person's spiritual life. You can see the different ways the Spirit is working in other people's lives. 

Examen of Saturday, July 18

Two or Three Things You are Grateful for:
1) See the Garbers in Avery Park after them moving 21 years ago to Virginia! What a treat to see such a wonderful family.
2) Having Sue to cheer me on as I subbed for Pilates at TAC for the first time in six months.
3) Walking to Iona's "Walking with God" recording. 
4) Listening to Dickens after the long slough through Atlas Shrugged. 

Whole Day: Noticing where God has been. Where did I accept the invitation to be loving grateful and to be myself? And where did I turn away from it?

Getting Up: I was calm, drank tea, and meditated on the Prodigal God in Luke 18. The oldest son's problem was lack of gratitude. He saw what he did not have rather than what he already had. That was a good word CONSOLATION.

Rest of the Morning: I noticed God in my loop walk with Pray as You Go's "Walking with God." It was so lovely to notice the colors and flowers and the sky and trees. To hear the wind rustling through the leaves. To pray for the people I passed. To smell the smells. To totally experience. I was nervous about TAC teaching, but this calmed me. Taught Pilates to four people, and Sue was there to cheer me on. YAY! I think one woman did not like it, but that is OK! 

Noon: My back was a little wonky after not doing Pilates for about two weeks (a full routine in a month). I took some medication and rested. That was wise and good. 

Afternoon: We rode our bikes to Avery Park to meet with the Garbers. That was so nice! They are such a great family, and it was fun to chat after 21 years. Rode back from 3-3:30, and I love to ride my bike! I need to do more prayer biking for the rest of the summer. I also listened to Bleak House by Charles Dickens, and I love him! 

Evening: George made Masak Merah ("Red Meat" in Malay). I stuck well to my eating plan (even though the scale did not reflect it this morning - I took ibuprofen, and that often makes me retain water). I watched Zac Ephron's Down to Earth show. WOW! I love it! It was recommended by more than one on Netflix. So life-giving to see things around the world from geothermal energy in Iceland to clean water in France. 

Fell fast asleep.

Regrets: Cannot think of one thing that I regret from the day.

Thing from the Day that was Especially Meaningful: Probably being at Avery Park and visiting with the Garbers! They are such a great family! 

Amen! 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...