Friday, July 17, 2020

Friday Freewrite and Prayerful Examen

First of all. My website is live:



I'm having a focus issue this morning. I woke up at 3:55 am, and I have the whole day free. I did that on purpose. I think I am going to do my best to keep Fridays as my "totally free" day. 

Thursday was nice. I got up and had time in Lk 12. Verse three was a source of conversation with the Lord, "Whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered behind closed doors will be proclaimed from the housetops." I felt convicted about saying something I shouldn't have said to two of my besties. 

After this, I took to the NE part of town for a two hour Corvallis "Purple Pavement to Prepare for the Prince of Peace" Prayer walk. So nice to do this so early in the morning that I can cross 99 unhindered and before the heat came. It was lovely. 

After a good stretching time, I listened to Atlas Shrugged and worked on the closet and files in my spiritual direction room. I also worked on some corrections on my new website because the web designer gave me the direct link to make corrections. (They did not proofread it very well. I mistakes are not in the copy I gave them, but they are on the website.) I also set up a direction time with a possible new directee who wants to learn about the Enneagram. I will have five new directees. I think I still have four from last year too. 

At 12:30, I had a Centering Prayer time with people from the Bay Area. Then, they discussed the book Open Heart, Open Home. I just listened in because I have not read the book. 

In the afternoon, I talk to a friend of a friend. I wanted to hear how she was doing, her perspective as a black woman in a predominantly white town, and her thoughts being a Christian with all that is happening in our country. I did not really get to ask questions. I felt like she just needed someone to listen to her. She is a very solid believer with a wonderful family. I was shocked by some of the things that have happened to her. I shouldn't be surprised by some people's actions and attitudes in this town. Some of my questions were answered in the process. I wanted to ask how she was really doing inside with all the stuff that was going on, but I did not really have that opportunity.

Then, I rushed home to get to the Book Babes discussion on Silence.  Then, I relaxed and watched a little TV and fell fast asleep. 

Grateful: for a lovely morning prayer walk, beans and rice, losing four pounds, centering prayer, Book Babes' discussion on Silence

Consolations of the Day: God's presence was very real to me during my time in Luke 12, walk, centering prayer.

Desolations: I will keep that one private. But I just typed a whole paragraph, but it is best that I not share. 

Most Meaningful Part of the Day: I could have said all the things I was grateful for, but the thing I am most grateful for is God telling me to just listen when I was disappointed over not having a dialogue in the afternoon. 

Love for Today: It is "love your neighbor" Friday. I may bake some bread or I may just have a self-care day. I am a bit tired from the week. 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...