Monday, July 13, 2020

Monday Examen

Examen of Yesterday, July 12

Two or three things I am grateful for:
1) LOOONG prayer walk down Highland/10th to Harrison and back up 11th. SO good to be out early and walking. 
2) Controlled eating! Thankful for this new Weight Watchers journey.
3) As always, my lovely family. 

PRAYERFUL REVIEW OF THE DAY

Beginning:
Weighed in for the first time in 300 days: I was too "afraid to weigh" before that. At first, it was a desolation, but then I prayed and realized that I had only gained four pounds in that 300 days which is the same amount of overeating per day that my BMR has reduced this year due to age. Rather than upset, I was encouraged that the only things I really have to do is 1) adjust my eating for my BMR that goes down every year (and build up muscle weight to combat that), and 2) get rid of my broken leg weight that was inevitable with being sedentary for 8 weeks (I probably overate about 950 calories a day with all the meals brought to me)! 

Chai tea and prayer of John 5:2-9: "Stand up, take your mat and walk" in Week 5 of Finding Christ in the World. CONSOLATION from God in that he really has healed me of the hurt from December 23, true freedom and walking forward. I still need to complete my review of Week 5 because I start Week 6 today. SO GOOD!

Rest of the morning:
Prayerwalk - Such focused time for the houses I passed. Praying the Lord's Prayer. Each time I repeated a block due to circling down side streets, I listened to my book. That was satisfying.
Shower and stretch after. 

Lunchtime:
Good eating - CONSOLATION! That was the biggest DESOLATION last year. My accountability on LoseIt! was just not working for me anymore, and it became more of a weight than a wing. I needed a change, and WW is it. (Thank you for suggesting it Heather, even though you didn't realize that you did).

Afternoon:
Encouragement - I love WW CONNECT! I posted an intro video, and there is so much encouragement! It is so much less clunky than LoseIt!

Watched another documentary on Diana. Cried through the whole thing. Listened to Atlas Shrugged. Felt a little lazy, but I accepted it.

Plotted my prayer walking/biking over the last week. 

Watched News. I am trying to reduce this because it can be very desolating. 

Evening: George fixed a yummy meal. I was happy. 

End of the day: Fell asleep at probably 9:30? I am watching American Gospel. I am not sure I like it. 

Regrets: At first I felt guilty for having such a lazy day! I wish we would have watched the sermon for the week, but we all forgot! 

Overall: CONSOLATION and nearness of God all day. Walking in the healing he has given me. Maybe that is why it seems like mindful eating has become easier now. I am cleared from the heartache that took so long. It was going to Jeff's cabin really. That "Walking with God." 

One thing that was really meaningful: Prayer Walk. So good for my body and for my soul! Loved lifting up my precious city. 

LOVE for today: On my directee who is coming at 10am. 


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...