Monday, March 10, 2014

John 16:22-28 -- Asking in His Name

HIS WORDS

“Therefore you too have grief now; but I will see you again, and your heart will rejoice, and no one will take your joy away from you. In that day you will not question Me about anything. Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you. Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full. These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; an hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but will tell you plainly of the Father. In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I will request of the Father on your behalf; for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came forth from the Father. I came forth from the Father and have come into the world; I am leaving the world again and going to the Father.”

MY WORDS

"You may be sad now, but we will see each other again, and you will have rejoicing in your heart, and no one will take your joy away from you. In that day, you will not question Me about anything. It is a true statement, that if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you. Until now, you have not asked for things in My name; but I say ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be full and overflowing. These things I speak to you in figurative language; but an hour is coming when I will not speak any longer in figurative language, but will tell you everything straight about the Father. In that day, you will ask in My name and I do not say to you that I will request of the Father on your behalf; for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came from the Father. I came from the Father and have come into the world; I am leaving this world again and going back to the Father." 

I WILL 

Go into my prayer closet today and ask in Jesus' name. (This is all part of the last three PRAYER CHALLENGE verses!)

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...