Friday, January 17, 2014

2. The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence

I have read this multiple times, but this is the first time I have ever listened to it in audiobook form. Delightful!

Brother Lawrence "prayed to God among the pots and pans" as he worked in the kitchen of a Carmelite monastery in Paris (1611-1691). This is simple and profound. You will love it, and it goes along very nicely with "The Game with Minutes" that I just posted about. 

Here is a link to the Librivox recording and a zip file of the book. It only takes 1 hour and 15 minutes to listen to, and I listened to it on one of my long walks. Made my whole day a lot brighter!

https://librivox.org/the-practice-of-the-presence-of-god-by-brother-lawrence/

(If the link does not work, cut and paste it in your browser.) 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday

I know I put this quote at the beginning of my last Freewrite, but I put it in "Quote Fancy," and I like this picture that I could...