Friday, August 06, 2010

I Really Don't Like War Books

But it seems that I have read two in the last month. I didn't mean to, but I read War and Peace. Then I read this little GEM:

He gives almost a minute by minute account of what happened on D-Day from both sides. He did many personal interviews and read many documents. This is a thorough rendering of the day, and it isn't boring!

It was written 51 years ago (the year of my birth, 1959), and it is a classic. I heartily recommend it.

It makes you appreciate World War II Vets that much more!

Now, on to reading Hitler, who caused it all to happen in the first place.

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...