Saturday, February 29, 2020

Saturday Freewrite Examen for the Week

I think I will evaluate the whole week in my Examen. I just did a "Discovering Hidden Truths" Examen in Reimagining the Exam, but I am not sure it was very meaningful to me.

I pray for LIGHT on my week.
I am GRATEFUL for . . . (in no particular order)
- Self Preservation goals being accomplished (wash, cleaning, etc)
- Good interactions with all my students 
- Good interactions with all my coworkers (even though I had to tell Dee and Drew what a mess my room has been for most of the term - They drew it out of me, but I hate to be a tattle-tail)
- Good spiritual direction time that really gave the enemy a good kick
- Everything worked out for G in the showdown at work

REVIEW of the Week

The start of my day throughout the week has been so calm and peaceful. There is nothing like the discipline of starting my day out connecting with God! I am ahead in the Spiritual Exercises. So I decided to go through a book called Moment by Moment: A Retreat in Everyday Life. When I first got this book, I liked most of the questions, but I thought it was too light. There are 32 "moments" of about 45 minutes each. I really do not think that anymore. There was a woman in my Renovare Cohort who said it was really profound when she took a group of ladies through it the previous year, and I can totally see why now. I have loved it. I have been doing one in the morning and sometimes one in the afternoon or evening, and it has been a good time with God!

Monday - George stayed home, and I worked on my talk. Then we went to dinner at the Laughing Planet in Portland and the Type One Narrative Panel in Portland. Amy has been so encouraging for me when it comes to understanding the Type One. She is a healthy one, but she can explain to me about the Unhealthy One because she has been there.

Tuesday - My classes went really well. I think I did bands with the Pilates I and an Advanced Class with Pilates II. I decided not to go to weight lifting because of all the bodywork of both classes.

Wednesday - I had another free day to work on my talk. I had a whole list of things to do, and I got through all but TWO of the things. It was very good to do! Self-Preservation goals really are life-giving, even though it is my "blindspot"! I also took a walk and listened to my book. I did a last-minute three and a half hour direction session that was so rewarding and life-giving. I love working with directees who love to pray through and listen to God. I went to Matthew's Eagle Scout Court of Honor that was so sweet. 

Thursday - Bender Balls for Pilates I and Big Balls for Pilates II. It was good. I had a nice talk with one of my students too. I continued to have another moment with God in the afternoon. I prayed for G throughout the day as work was tough. I had a big session of praying against the enemy. Love that. Book Babes at Carol's was great. 

Friday - Finished up my visuals for the instinctual variants teaching. When George came home, I practiced on him. I also spent three hours working on the finishing touches for my final times with M in the Spiritual Exercises. Adapting this to the 18th Annotation has been very time consuming but helped me develop some convictions about who should take the Exercises. 

MOST MEANINGFUL THING (LIFE-GIVING) The spiritual direction session was so good. 

Thank you, God!


No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...