Friday, February 21, 2020

Friday Freewrite Examen

I ask for your light to be shed on my day. Let me be aware of your presence with me as I reflect on the past day. 

Two to Three Things that I am grateful (not necessarily big things, anything that blessed my day):
1) Moment by Moment 18th Annotation - I am a bit ahead in my 19th and thought I should do it to see if I can recommend it or not.
2) Dombey and Son - I love the writing of Charles Dickens!
3) My students - love love love my students this term. Full of life and laughter. So life-giving!

Review of Day from Start to Finish: Where did you accept God's invitation to be loving, grateful, to be yourself? Where did you turn away from it?

Getting Up - It was calm and I ate breakfast. I had time in Moment 1: To become more attentive to God's presence and action in my daily routine. I loved praying and journaling and having some aha moments as I looked at a quote above the desk I don't usually use: "Love forgives and disregards the offenses of others" (1 Peter 4:8 in the Amplified - I think). Disregard just hit me. Read Interior Castle and Dickens. Prepared for class. 

Morning - Rode bike in the sunshine and loved teaching my classes. The weight class went well. I am usually insecure about teaching that, but I spent a good hour preparing.

Mid-Day - On bike ride back, I had a memory in which I could have chosen to not forgive or to DISREGARD. I actually heard that word! My time from the morning. I remembered! DISREGARD. So I disregarded that memory of an offense. Good lunch and shower. I went in the sunshine of my spiritual direction room and had Moment 2: To be more open to the word which God speaks in my daily life (Listening to God). Yummy time in the sunshine.  Then, I listened to my book for a couple of hours. 

Afternoon - Did a bit of work on my Instinctual Variants class. Registered for Spring term Cardio Weight Training class. Watched Downton Abbey! My body was very tired from the quick work out and the weights workout. 

Evening - George came home, and we made banana bread together for missional community. Only Sandy came. J and J did not show up. Everyone else could not come. We had a good talk about leadership and managing a team and our friends. We prayed. Then David showed up very late and we talked about the mobilization of people and casting a vision. 

End of Day - Watched Downton Abbey and drifted off to sleep.

Regret - I can think of one thing. I said something I wish I had not said. I acknowledge this. I caught myself in the act and instead of continuing to listen I said that maybe we should pray about the situation. 

Most meaningful - Moment II in the sunshine. I just love when you direct me toward you in my "low" part of the day where I am tempted to disengage from your presence. I chose engagement, and you blessed me with a yummy "sunshine through the window" basking in your presence moment. Just the grace I was asking for!

I ask for the grace to see you today! 




No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...