Monday, February 24, 2020

Monday Freewrite Examen

The message on my Examen app for this week is about being grateful for ordinary things. :) 

Ordinary things I am grateful for from yesterday:
1) A warm and comfortable bed to sleep in
2) Moment by Moment book. I am so glad I am doing this in the interim between "ordinary time" and Lent.
3) Warm and delicious chai tea freshly brewed in the morning. An Indian grocery store three minutes from my house to buy fresh cardamon pods and Red Label Orange Pekoe tea
4) An iPhone to listen to books, podcasts on Examen prayer, Pray as You Go morning prayer
5) A fantastic library system that lets me check out almost any audiobook I want for FREE
6) Books - many people in the world do not have libraries and cannot afford to buy books
7) Bibles galore in many different translations
8) A candle burning and giving me light in the morning
9) Electricity to see what I am studying
10) A stove and oven that works properly
11) A car 
12) A grocery store 10 minutes away that has everything we would ever want or need for sustenance.

Review of the Day

Beginning - God was in the meditation in Scripture in Moment by Moment #5 "Free to Respond"  About being interiorly free. I am so grateful for the freedom I have in Christ. I am grateful the truth sets me free. I am grateful for this Examen that helps me to be more grateful!

Rest of the Morning - George is sick. So we decided to stay home from church. We had a little discussion about things that were life-giving and deadening from the week. Then I decided to make him chicken soup, French rolls, and banana bread. That took a while! Oh, I did go for a little walk, but it started to rain on me. I finished listening to Cat's Eye as I worked in the kitchen.

Middle of the Day - We all sat down and ate the result of my labors. I am so grateful to sit down with such delightful people. We always have such good family times around the table. I am also so happy that all my men are working now. I am just grateful that they are kind and polite men. 

Afternoon - I watched a Sunday morning news show that I had recorded and listened to my new audiobook Jude, the Obscure.

Evening - I watched a little news and a documentary on the Windsors and was fast asleep by 9:30pm!

Regret - I regret not recording my food. I must get back to doing that today because I always feel so much better keeping track of what I eat so I don't overdo it on the eating.

Most meaningful - Making lunch for my family and sitting down to enjoy it together. 

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...