Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Tuesday Twenty Two Freewrite


I have ceased doing my regular "Morning Pages" and am journaling my thoughts in my Kindle Scribe for my time in the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius. So, I am back to Freewrites semi-regularly (we'll see). I do like just journaling with my typing fingers. 

Yes, I am doing the Spiritual Exercises again. I love them, and I never tire of being reminded of God's great love for me throughout my "Blessed History."

Another reason I am doing them again is that I was given the wonderful opportunity to lead two groups of spiritual directors in their second year of training (and one already through her training but friends with one of them in the group - turns out she was in one of my Enneagram trainings a few years ago, and I did a typing interview with her - or maybe she already knew she was a Type Three, and I did a deeper dive into growing out of your shadow self) through the Spiritual Exercises. So, I have one group that meets two Wednesday afternoons a month until May. Delightful group. This morning I meditated on Isaiah 43:1-7. So rich and lovely. I will start the other one in February and run for twelve weeks. 

I like not having the "rush" of the morning that required me to journal for up to 40 minutes first thing. Then I went to my meditation and prayer. It was too much. Too much but really beneficial for that season. It has been an impetus for expressing feelings I would normally edit. (I don't say suppress because I am very aware that those negative feelings are looming back there sometimes, but I also have these wonderful feelings of love, joy, peace, etc. that are more predominant. So, naturally, I edit out the negative ones because I like those other ones more.)

I'm doing really well. Really, really well.

Part of my consolation of yesterday was being able to be brave enough to tell my "boss" about one of the things that I do that this will be my last year. It was such a good conversation! It also led to some of the stress that I was feeling over someone who was put in the group I lead. It was a very healthy conversation, and I feel like my load is shared. I am not alone - God is with me, but my coworkers are with me too. Reminds me of the time I went to my boss at OSU and told him about how one of the faculty members was being verbally abusive, and he came to my next class to "have my back"! I will always appreciate that, and I don't regret saying something. Also, when one of the patrons at a health club that I worked with was doing the same thing, I told my boss (and another participant wrote a complaint to my boss about how this person was treating me), and my boss found out that that patron had been doing it to several people. 

(That was also the case with that faculty member. He eventually had to have surgery for an injury and retired early! That was a relief for all concerned.)

So, I was CONSOLED after about six weeks of desolation regarding the situation I found myself in. I have wanted to quit so many times, but I think it is a way for me to not be a people-pleaser. Growth for this 65 year old woman! 

So, today is my 55th birthday in the Lord! I came to Christ at Green Oaks Boys (yes - the first time they ever let girls come) Ranch in Vista, California. It is great to go through my Blessed History and remember seeing Jesus beckoning me to come to him and me springing up out of my chair and going forward at the same time my other friends at the ranch also sprang up (and we had not even talked about it). I wonder where all those girls are now. Maybe after this, I will look on Facebook to see if I can find them.

Today is overcast. I went for a long walk, but I think I will stay inside the rest of the day until my class at 5 pm. I am on Lesson Four today, 1/3rd of the way through. It has been fun, but I sure will have a lot more time once it is over. I knew that it was going to be busy this fall with the OMS Retreat (I am becoming inactive with the OMS after this - I just don't have the time to devote myself to getting involved anymore.)  I also have the teaching at Northwest Hills, but I have a feeling it is going to be the person we are team teaching with who runs the show. He cannot help himself. So, George and I will just add color to his show. 

I have 3:30 left on the timer. I don't know what else to write other than...OH...

Another consolation of yesterday was one of my directees. I loaned her Living Fearless last Wednesday, and she sent me a picture of the book and a card where she had written all the things she had heard with an exclamation at how wonderful it had been!

That made my heart sing: GENERATIVITY is the word that keeps coming to me. I love to pass along to people things that help them grow. 

So, I think the timer is just about ready to go off. I am going back to my reading and maybe even working on the curriculum guide for the Body and Soul Companion Spiritual Direction Training! YAHOO!

TTFN. 

No comments:

Wednesday Morning 22 Freewrite

Spiritual Direction Training I cannot believe how much peace I feel after sharing my concerns with my coworkers. YAY! This morning, I superv...