Monday, September 02, 2024

Inner Compass


This book has been sitting on my shelf since 2018! I wanted to look at the first chapter because there is a spiritual direction exercise that I was exposed to that is adapted from the first chapter. 

Now that I have read the whole book, I see that the exercise, while great, really doesn't get to the essence of what she is saying in this book. So, I won't put her name on my handout as being "adapted from." Or I might change the exercise to fit what she is really saying. It is that good! 

This book is so good. As a director through the Exercises, I found myself underlining so many things that I would love to pass on to my directees. It is a valuable "take" on Ignatian spirituality!

No comments:

The Sheltering Sky(1000 Books to Read)

Excellent writing. Depressing story.  From the Introduction by Tobias Wolff: The Sheltering Sky has been called nightmarish. That descriptio...