Saturday, September 14, 2024

Spiritual Conversations with Children


This is the textbook for a class I am taking with the author. I was supervising a group of new directors, and one of the other supervisors of another group asked if any of us had any experience with doing spiritual direction with kids, and I said, "No, but I know someone who does." Then I got curious and saw that Lacy taught a class about it. I thought it was a once shot deal, but it turned out to be 12 lessons over four months. I had to say no to the January-Mary one, but I signed up for the August-December one instead.

It adds more labor to my work, but I LOVE IT! I have a group of kids in one family that I meet with every week. Delightful time. I already have a full load of adults that I meet with both one-on-one and in groups, but it has been a change of pace for me that I have enjoyed. 

I was supposed to read one chapter for each class, but I needed to read the whole thing to learn about different activities with the kids. Next time we meet, I hope to "Pray in Color" (see previous post about the kids and adult version of that book). 

I like the book. 

No comments:

Carrying the Fire (1000 Books to Read)

I loved this book. My dad's company was one fo the contractors for the space program. So, this look at NASA in the 1960s was delightful....