Saturday, June 08, 2019

Lightworks Two/4:1 (Lk 4:16-30) Freewrite

GOD GIVES EACH PERSON AN ORIGINAL PURPOSE

Grace desired: This week I ask Jesus to help me see my purpose in life as clearly as he saw his, so I will not have fallen short of it when I come to die.

Jesus knew his purpose - proclaim the good news to the poor, release to captives, recovery of sight to the blind, etc. proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord - the day when salvation and the free favors of God profusely abound (Is 61:1,2). 

The bolded phrase is where I camped this morning - the day when salvation and the free favors of God profusely abound. That just effuses God's goodness, doesn't it? Free favors. I feel like we can live in that now. All is gift. All is gift. I love when I go into the prayer of Examen, and the first thing that I am asked to do is to look at the favors of God that profusely abound, but that I might not have noticed as of yet. Then I present them before my mind and savor them one by one. Each a delicious bite of God's goodness that profusely abounds. 

The prayer for this week:

Lord Jesus Christ, 
you have shaped me in your mind and heart in eternity 
and measured the time and place for me to be. 
I am confounded that you have cared about me, 
and more confounded by my intractable ways. 
Did you know before time that those whom you chose
for your kingdom would become such as I am? 
Yes, you knew before time began or I began, 
and yet you chose me. 
How great you are! 
How far you see beyond what I think I am, 
beyond what earth hopes. 
May I see the sins in my self as you see them, 
dust on a diamond.
And may the rainbow glory be for you, Lord Jesus. 
Amen. 

Considerations: 

  • God co-creates in you all the qualities, values, habits, and so forth which form your core self. You will never know what God hopes for in you unless you love yourself the way God loves you. It's a commandment: You are to "love your neighbor as yourself." 
  • Even the sciences confirm that  you are unique, unrepeatable, and irreplaceable. And by giving shape to your own gifts and qualities -- your own mistakes, even -- God gives you a vocation. God your Creator and Lord hopes that you will do something that no one else will or ever can do. Your life world depends in some ways on you. 

(I hope to type the rest of them tomorrow, but time is UP!)

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...