Friday, June 28, 2019

28. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Title details for 20,000 Leagues under the Sea by Jules Verne - Wait listWhat a fun summer read! I think I saw the Walt Disney version when I was a kid, and I watched that version again last night as I was finishing up this book. As I did, I discovered that my dear husband has read the unabridged versions of this and the sequel! Who knew? I found the story very entertaining and captured my attention the whole time. I wish I had read it to my kids when they were young. The narrator, Harlan Ellison, was excellent. He gets very excited as he reads it. It was a delight, and I was surprised it was quite funny in parts. 

I did not mean to get the abridged version and wanted to read the full one, but I was almost done with the book before I realized it was the abridged. So c'est la vie (since it is a French novel).

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...