Monday, June 04, 2012

Monday Morning Freewrite

I have much of a full day of writing ahead of me today as I am going on a prayer retreat for three days starting tomorrow morning. I want to work my way ahead in the Bible Book Club so that I can take a vacation this summer. Oh, I also have a meeting with Jennifer in the early afternoon, and I think she is very tired and needs some TLC. I have the energy for it though. I have been much better at balance these days.  I also need to send back the bathing suit and dress that did not fit and cancel a subscription to something. Then, I will be totally free to go on my retreat. 

I haven't had a freewrite in some time, mainly because I haven't been writing much this last week. We finished up our Kingdom Community, and I wanted to finish well by getting all the reading done, getting some evaluations, and helping Heather get out the door to China. I spent most of the day with her on Thursday helping her get her oven cleaned up and dishes packed. She was off by 6 am Friday morning at which time I did a much needed LONG workout at the club including elliptical, run/walk, weights, and Pilates. 

The weekend involved a wedding, retirement party, church annual meeting, and Hemingway's For Whom the Bell Tolls. I didn't write one stitch, but George and I did some walking and talking and praying about our role in the Kingdom next year; and again, why I am going to go away for three days to pray. When I get back, we will be taking Heba and her mom to the beach and Silver Creek Falls on Friday and Saturday. Then, I am doing a Wedding Shower devotional for Abi on Sunday afternoon.  

After that, we speak for the career singles class at Northwest Hills and have Micah and Abi's wedding on Saturday. Then, I think I can honestly say that I will have some rest. 

I still need to talk to Stephanie. I had to tell her that I couldn't meet with her until after I was done with all the things with the Kingdom Community, Romans study, etc. I will see how I feel at the end of the time of prayer. Maybe next Monday.

At the beginning of my prayer retreat, I will meet with Sister Joan. I want to find out about the Spiritual Direction program that she has going on. 

Well, I have five more minutes, and I have run out of things to say. Oh, my back has done very well these days. I am not sure what I have been doing differently. Even having cleaned Heather's oven at a sideways angle did not make it go out. I have been really good about getting it back in place lately before it becomes too big of a problem. I do hope the beds at the Shalom Prayer Center are good. 

I cannot believe it has been 1 1/2 years since I have had an overnight prayer retreat. No, I had an aborted one last year at this time when that man kept talking in the library at the Sylvia Beach Hotel, and I could not, for the life of me, concentrate! I got my money back and came back home in the early evening, frustrated. The time before that was about six months earlier when I was at the beach home of a friend, but they saddled me with all these things to do for them while I was there and called me during the time. I was so frustrated by that too and resolved never to go to the home of another unless it could be given to me "responsibility free." That time, it was when I was quite tired and needed a lot of rest. It was when I was doing Revelation. So that would have made it about October 2010. So, I guess that was about a year and a half ago. 

Perfect 10 seconds left. Bye. George has awoken! 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...