Thursday, February 11, 2010

Holy Spirit Rain Down

Holy Spirit, rain down, rain down
Oh Comforter and Friend
How we need Your touch again
Holy Spirit, rain down, rain down
Let Your power fall
Let Your voice be heard
Come and change our hearts
As we stand on Your word
Holy Spirit, rain down

No eye has seen, no ear has heard
No mind can know what God has in store
So open up heaven, open it wide
Over Your church and over our lives


I was so touched by this song this morning. I used to listen to it when I would sit up in my "happy place" in my bedroom in Southeast Asia twelve years ago. God gave me such peace there. I had such confidence in knowing that He would accomplish what concerned me and would bring glory to Himself there. 


I feel that today too. Being around so many younger people today who are lacking in confidence about what God has for them, it reminds me that I was like that when I was younger also.  It helps me to empathize with them. 


You are so there, Lord. It was hard when our relationship was new, and I didn't know that I could trust you. Someone 24 just hasn't walked long enough to know that. The challenge for me is not to get so comfortable in our relationship that I get soft. I must press forward in trust. Believing you with wide-eyed wonder like I did when I was 24 only KNOWING beyond a shadow of a doubt that You will accomplish what concerns me. 


The LORD will fulfill [his purpose] for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever--do not abandon the works of your hands. (Psalm 138:8)


I lift my eyes to Your throne
Lord as I lose myself in You 
The song in my heart will be 
Yours alone 
My treasure is in the Cross Jesus 
I love to meet You There
I hunger and thirst for You 
Now flood my soul  


Chorus  
River of Love
River of Healing 
Holy Spirit flow
River of Grace 
River of Mercy flow 
River of Peace
River of Promise
Holy Spirit flow 
River of Joy 
River of Blessing flow


Jesus come again . . .

No comments:

Freewrite Friday: Contemplating JOY

From: https://www.sparklesofsunshine.com/beauty-for-ashes-free-printable/ I went into a Centering Prayer time with Meditation Chapel this mo...