Monday, June 08, 2009

Summer Reading List

This is possibly overly ambitious, but why not?

(Finished ones in RED)
AD
100 Greek Lives/Roman Lives by Plutarch
426 City of God by Augustine
731 Ecclesiastical History of the English People by Bede
1580 Selected Essays by Montaigne
(This will complete the Ancient and Medieval Time periods)

1835 Democracy in America by Tocqueville (not Am Lit but related)
1850 Whitman Poetry (American)
1872 Dunbar Poetry (American)
1878 Sandburg Poetry (American)
1881 Life and Times of Frederick Douglass Autobiography
1883 Williams Poetry (American)
1902 Hughes Poetry (American)
1903 Souls of Black Folk by DuBois
1907 Auden Poetry (American)
1913 Frost Poetry (American)

Book club:
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
Selkirk’s Island by Diana Souhami

That is it! My Amazon Kindle 2 makes this so FUN too!!!! I can read with large print while I am working out! I can switch it to text-to-speech when I need to run an errand too.

No comments:

Freewrite Friday

I know I put this quote at the beginning of my last Freewrite, but I put it in "Quote Fancy," and I like this picture that I could...