Friday, June 12, 2009

Poems, Prayers, and Promises

This John Denver song wafted through my head as I sat down and thought about what I would like to do with the next three hours of silence while my kids are out of the house for a birthday party. I did come down to three things I want to do:

Poems - Listen to some more of "Song of Myself" a massive poem in Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass

Prayers - This really is what I will do first. I just prayed with one friend an hour and a half ago, but there is so much on my heart after a conversation with her mid-day and a walk with another friend this morning. Sometimes all you can do is pray and hope that wickedness will not prevail and to remember God's desire:

"“Say to them, ‘As I live!’ declares the Lord God, ‘I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn back, turn back from your evil ways! Why then will you die, O house of Israel?’" (Ezekiel 33:11, NASB95)


I can pray that wicked people will see the light and LIVE rather than spreading their wickedness.

Promises - More time in the Word is always a good thing! I am LOVING Isaiah and getting so much more out of it than I have ever gotten before. Praise be to God for His gift to me of the Bible Book Club that keeps me accountable and learning daily.

So, off to Poem, Prayers, and Promises!

1 comment:

Susanne Barrett said...

One of my favorite songs as well -- love John Denver's music!

Freewrite Friday

I know I put this quote at the beginning of my last Freewrite, but I put it in "Quote Fancy," and I like this picture that I could...