Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Wednesday Freewrite




I have not done a freewrite here since May 7th, and by some miracle, I have NO DIRECTEES or groups to lead this morning! I am FREE until I leave for teaching Pilates at OSU in about an hour. 

I have spent the morning catching up on my 2024 Book Reviews. I am about five books behind, but I know I am going to catch up now that I am dropping off all my "school year" commitments such as...

Renovare Book Club - Ended May 20

Soon to end:

Sustainable Faith Boller Cohort - May 29
Campfire for 2HC - May 30
OSU Pilates - June 7
2HC Spiritual Directee - June 14
ABC Supervision - June 25
2HC Final Retreat - June 29

All my pots will be empty for at least a month when 2HC starts up all over again on August 1.

I won't be doing a Supervision Group unless I decide to do one for Deepen. Since I will probably be doing the 19th and 18th Annotation Groups for the Boller Cohort, I probably will not do a supervision group. I really love working with people from spiritual direction training. They are so eager to grow! 

Also, our Seed Community will be closing, probably in September. We will have a monthly Zoom meeting. Mer will probably leave in December. Maddy in August. 

It is the end of an era, but I think I am totally fine with that. Things change and people move on. I am excited that most of the people in our little Seed Community have moved on to wonderful things.

In the meantime, we will be going to Mount Hermon to an OMS retreat. That will be so good. 

I have had a good morning just catching up on loose ends. I hope to finally get back to my EMDR course too.

The last few days were full because I had five hours of mother-in-law time while George trimmed back the blackberries at her place. Then I had an intense one-on-one on Sunday afternoon, followed by a discernment time in the Seed Community. I also had an intense Monday signing up for the Viking Cruise excursions. If they say it is included, then why was one of the SOLD OUT before the thing even opened. If you don't give us the excursion, what is your alternative?

Then, I had the Renovare Book Club. The next morning I had three supervision with people. That was a lot, but I really liked what came out of them! I love that group. They are such a wonderful group of quality people. Five new directors to bless the world and part of my life contribution of seeing a community of contemplatives in action lighting the world on fire! YAY! (See the picture above that I will post after I am done with this freewrite.) 

Right after the supervision, I went into back-to-back spiritual direction sessions with a spiritual director and a spiritual director in training. I had a two-hour break and was ready to meet with another long-time director, but she did not come, and I was able to rest the whole afternoon and evening! Whew. Now, I am up and at 'em!

I have lots of books I want to read. I was very behind on my posting about the 15 I have read, and I posted about half of them this morning! 

I will not be teaching Pilates at OSU this summer, but I plan on teaching on my own through my YouTube. I think. It should be an adventure to do so.

I really want to develop my Pilates/Praise and Meditation and Movement routines. I have much to learn in that area. 

Oh, and I also want to start my "Painting to Gogh" painting. I got the kit for four paintings about three weeks ago, but I have not had the time or energy to open it and start painting. I am afraid, but I need to get out of my comfort zone and just do it. It will be really great for me to do. 

So, I think my time is almost out. 

There we go!



No comments:

The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman (1000 Books to Read)

The "greatest of all novels"? No, Virginia Woolf. It is just a jumble of stuff. I didn't get it, but I watched the movie and a...