Thursday, May 14, 2020

Thursday Later Freewrite

WooHoo! I just learned something huge about myself. I am a RELATIONAL Pilates instructor. 

Well, I already knew I was relational, but I just cannot tell you how LIFE-GIVING my Pilates class was this Thursday. It was because I had everyone turn on their camera, and I JUST watched them. I just named the name of the exercise and had them do it. I got to watch them and give them encouragement and feedback about what they were doing. It was so rewarding to watch them move and see that most of them really do GET IT! That just fills my heart. 

So learned that I cannot continue to teach remotely. Maybe I won't mind doing a bunch of preformed Pilates videos someday to have online, but I like the face-to-face. It has been so draining for me, and the part I have liked it when they all come in, and I talk to them. That is what I love about my in-person classes is getting to know them. 


So there you go! 

What is also life-giving to me is that Benton County is opening up for Phase I tomorrow. What I didn't realize is that retail businesses were not required to close! Who knew? Oregon gave them the option to stay open, and most of them decided to close. 


Tomorrow, salons and spas can open if they screen clients, have no drop-ins and only scheduled appointments, keep a record of clients, and maintain physical distance between customers. 


Gyms can open if people are at least 6 feet apart, close showers and pools, and follow cleaning protocols. 

Gatherings of up to 25 people can happen!

Restaurants and bars can open if people wear face masks, practice physical distancing, and close by 10 pm. I think our governor said that you cannot have groups of 10 or more. So WOOHOO! We are opening up!

So that was life-giving. 

The next life-giving thing was that Fran has people who might want to go through the Spiritual Exercises with me! So we are going to talk at 1 pm about it. 


It is also life-giving to be all caught up with my class and attendance. Now, I just need to decide about doing my continuing education online versus waiting until I can do it with Marie. 

Also, life-giving was "Prayer on my Dossier" in the Choosing Christ in the World by Tetlow. It was a good way to go through my life history. So that was really fun. 

So far, the only deadening thing was answering a text during my prayer time and then getting bogged down in researching stuff so I could answer the text. It involved scheduling a meeting, and I just had not nailed down my schedule for next week (because I don't know if I will go to the LIVE Continuing Education conference for Power Pilates.

So that is my day so far. I don't know why I feel like writing. 

I have 3 minutes on my timer, but I am done! 

No comments:

Friday Freewrite Fifteen

Back in the Pilates Saddle  Whew! What a whirlwind week it has been. Busier than usual, but manageable. This is the first day that I don'...